Quietly and without fuss, an era of social work in the city of bad kissingen came to an end at the beginning of this year. The last of the "missionary sisters of the precious blood, after 38 years of beneficial work, sister anna-dorothea left the spa town for her mother’s home in neuenbeken near paderborn. In a very personal devotion, deacon bernhard fenn and city pastor gerd greier thanked the nun for her dedicated service. A number of long-time friends and supporters of the good cause were also present at the farewell ceremony in the burkardus residential park.
Sister anna-dorothea introduced the history of the house st. Joseph in the spotlight. Based on the request of pope benedict XV., after the end of the 1. In order to help children in need during the second world war, the nuns were initially active in 1920 in the marienruh children’s home in hammelburg, which had been founded in 1919. However, the financial situation soon came to a head: despite an enormous number of children in their care, the sisters were forced to look for other accommodation.